I grew up in the down-river community of Southgate in the 60’s and 70’s and fell in love with the Detroit music scene and radio. Having studied radio, TV, and Film at Eastern Michigan University, I arrived in Northern Michigan in the late 80’s and have been on the radio ever since including the Morning Show on Classic Hits 107.5 the past 11 years and counting.
I reside in Acme Township with my wonderful wife Denise, and our youngest son, Jack. I love the woods and lakes, and enjoy boating, bow hunting, golf, cooking, wine making in the fall, reading, traveling, and spending time with my family enjoying our home.
We are proud “Army Parents”, having had two sons serve in the Middle East. Jared is an Army Ranger and has been deployed many times.
It has been an honor and pleasure broadcasting and playing the hits in “God’s Country” for more than twenty years. Thanks for listening and all the best! Charlie
- We keep you informed with news, sports, and weather through-out the morning
- Fun contests like the “Five Second Tunemaster” at 7:40, guess the artist and song to win
- “Morning Show Trivia” at 8:40 first caller with the correct answer wins
- The “First and Worst” joke of the day brings a laugh at 7:20 and the “Joke of the Week” on Fridays. I tell an email joke submitted by a listener, post it on my web page, and send the winner a prize.
- Plus, plenty of classic hits from the 60’s, 70’s, and 80’s from 6am-10am on “The Morning Show”