I grew up in the down-river community of Southgate in the 60’s and 70’s and fell in love with the Detroit music scene and radio. Having studied radio, TV, and Film at Eastern Michigan University, I arrived in Northern Michigan in the late 80’s and have been on the radio ever since including the Morning Show on Classic Hits 107.5 the past 11 years and counting.
I reside in Acme Township with my wonderful wife Denise, and our youngest son, Jack. I love the woods and lakes, and enjoy boating, bow hunting, golf, cooking, wine making in the fall, reading, traveling, and spending time with my family enjoying our home.
We are proud “Army Parents”, having had two sons serve in the Middle East. Jared is an Army Ranger and has been deployed many times.
It has been an honor and pleasure broadcasting and playing the hits in “God’s Country” for more than twenty years. Thanks for listening and all the best! Charlie
- We keep you informed with news, sports, and weather through-out the morning
- Fun contests like the “Five Second Tunemaster” at 7:40, guess the artist and song to win
- “Morning Show Trivia” at 8:40 first caller with the correct answer wins
- The “First and Worst” joke of the day brings a laugh at 7:20 and the “Joke of the Week” on Fridays. I tell an email joke submitted by a listener, post it on my web page, and send the winner a prize.
- Plus, plenty of classic hits from the 60’s, 70’s, and 80’s from 6am-10am on “The Morning Show”
I was born in Traverse City, and after a few years of living in and visiting other beautiful places I realized there is no place that I’d rather be. I’m lucky to have been able to be in broadcasting since my senior year in high school. After all these years I have no idea what I’d be doing for a living instead, but I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t be anywhere near as much fun.
I have four wonderful sons and a great girlfriend and I enjoy spending time with them when our busy schedules allow. My main hobby is golf. I love to play, and I’m constantly tinkering with my swing, still waiting for the one “secret” to become known to me. I also enjoy playing euchre, camping, and fishing (although I’m not particularly good at it)
- The 70’s Hot Lunch, weekdays from noon to one. The best music from the seventies, and seventies trivia another way to win
- State Theater Movie Trivia, Friday morning at 11:20. If you know your movie trivia you can win two free tickets to see a movie at Traverse City’s Historic State Theater
Born in Detroit. Went to Wayne State University for two years. Spent 5 years in the US Navy. Weaned on Detroit rock and roll. Big fan of the Detroit Lions and find inspiration from the Three stooges. (What’s wrong with this boy?) Like Eric Clapton & Jeff Beck and of course the blues. I also like pizza even though I’m skinny as a string bean
- Monday at 8:40pm BeatleMania Monday (3 in a row from the Fab Four)
- Tuesday at 8:40pm Twin Spin Tuesday (2 in a row from an artist or group)
- Wednesday at 8:40pm One Hit Wonder Wednesday (A one hit wonder)
- Thursday at 8:40pm Time Machine Thursday (3 in a row from a year between 1966-1990)
- Monday-Friday at 9:40pm is the Classic Hits 107.5 Music Calendar (A highlighted event of that particular day)
Dean Berry’s show is sponsored by Redmond Automotive and Redmond Car & Truck Accessories
Hi everyone, my name is Michael O’Shea from Classic Hits 107.5. It has been a joy for me to be in radio for over 42 years and many of them in Northern Michigan. In fact, I started in radio part time in 1967 while I was in the U.S. Coast Guard stationed in Traverse City at the Coast Guard air station.
After I go out of the Coast Guard, I went to college at Career Academy in Milwaukee Wisconsin. It was a two-year program but I graduated in seven weeks because I already had 3 engineering licenses from my days in the coast guard.
This is my third trip to WCCW Radio, part time, and full time and now for 17 years since January 1, 1994.
I have also worked major market radio in Detroit and Oklahoma City at WKY Radio. I did the news and weather on TV 9&10 and helped build WKLT Radio. It is my hope that WCCW Radio will be my last job before retiring.
As for me I am a 6-time state champion trap shooter and it’s a sport I just love, my wife of 21 years Mary and I love Classic Cars. She with her 1950 Chevrolet Classic Cruiser, It’s the same age as she loves and I have a 1927 Bugatti Type 54 and a1931 Alfa Romeo Monza Italian race car. We love to show our cars in the Dream Cruise in Detroit every summer.
Mary and I have 6 daughters and 23 grand babies so our plate is full and we love it. We have a home in Leelanau county and will probably retire there in a few years.
- Top 5 at 5:00
- Stock Market Report at 5:12