Broadcasting LIVE every weekday!
I grew up in the down-river community of Southgate in the 60’s and 70’s and fell in love with the Detroit music scene and radio. Having studied radio, TV, and Film at Eastern Michigan University, I arrived in Northern Michigan in the late 80’s and have been on the radio ever since including the Morning Show on Classic Hits 107.5 the past 14 years and counting.
I reside in Acme Township with my wonderful wife Denise, and our youngest son, Jack. I love the woods and lakes, and enjoy boating, bow hunting, golf, cooking, wine making in the fall, reading, traveling, and spending time with my family enjoying our home.
It has been an honor and pleasure broadcasting and playing the hits in “God’s Country” for more than twenty-five years. Thanks for listening and all the best! Charlie
- We keep you informed with news, sports, and weather through-out the morning
- Fun contests like the “Five Second Tunemaster” at 7:40, guess the artist and song to win
- “Morning Show Trivia” at 8:40 first caller with the correct answer wins
- The “First and Worst” joke of the day brings a laugh at 7:20 and the “Joke of the Week” on Fridays. I tell an email joke submitted by a listener, post it on my web page, and send the winner a prize.
- Plus, plenty of classic hits from the 60’s, 70’s, and 80’s from 6am-10am on “The Morning Show”
I was born and raised in Traverse City, and know how lucky I am to be able to live here and work at CCW, the station I grew up listening to. I moved away a few times after graduation from Traverse City Senior High, but realized years ago that this is where I belong, and want to be. I have a wonderful and beautiful wife-Tami Jo- and four excellent and handsome sons-Joseph, Matthew, Aaron and Christopher.
My main hobby is golf. I’ve played for years and still enjoy trying to discover the “secret”, to be known only to me, of how to hit it pure and perfect every time. I hope to figure it out sometime in the next fifty years. Outside of golf, Tami Jo and I enjoy camping, and trying to get better at fishing. We also like playing euchre, and spending time doing just about anything with our family and friends.
- Noon – 1:00 The 70’s Hot Lunch. A full hour of the best songs from the 70’s, with artist background, behind the music and 70’s trivia.
- 11:20 Golf Trivia (in season). A chance to win free golf from Northern Michigan’s finest courses, because the only thing better than golf if free golf!
Born in Detroit. Went to Wayne State University for two years. Spent 5 years in the US Navy. Weaned on Detroit rock and roll. Big fan of the Detroit Lions and find inspiration from the Three stooges. (What’s wrong with this boy?) Like Eric Clapton & Jeff Beck and of course the blues. I also like pizza even though I’m skinny as a string bean
- 3:40 The Music Calendar (a spotlight on a musical event, birthday or number one hit)
- 5:00 The Top Five at 5 from Culvers! (weekday countdown )